Our Doctrinal Overview
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God. II Tim 3:15,16; I Pt. 2:2
- We believe there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Deut. 6:4; Matt 28:19; John 5:17-30
- We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ and in His complete and perfect humanity. We believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule over the nations. Is. 7:14 Heb. 7:26; Acts 2:32; 1 Cor. 15:3; Acts 1:9, 11.
- We believe that men and women were created good and upright in the image of God, but voluntarily sinned and thereby incurred both physical and spiritual death, which is separation from God. Gen. 1:26, 27; 2:17;3:6; Romans 5 12-19.
- We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential to salvation, and His indwelling presence necessary for the living of a godly Christian life; and that it is only by grace, through faith in the precious blood of Christ, that people can be saved from sin and its evil. Luke 24:47; Rom. 8:16; 10:13-15; Tit. 2:11, 3:5-7.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit as a person, separate and distinct from and coequal in the triune Godhead with the Father and the Son. He is sent to dwell within the heart of each child of God, to comfort, to teach, to empower, and to lead into all truth. Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4, 8,2:4; 10:44-46, 15:8,9.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation which is the second death. Matt. 25:46; Mark 8:34-38; Rev. 19:20; 20:11-15; 21:8.
- We believe that the church is the Body of Christ. Each believer, born of the Spirit is a part of the "General Assembly and Church of the First Born, which are written in Heaven". Eph. 1:22, 23; 2:22; Heb. 12:23.
- We believe that baptism of adults (persons of the age of accountability) and the Lord's Supper are the two ordinances instituted by our Lord. Matt. 28:19; Acts 2:38; 1 Cor. 11:23-26; Matt. 26:20-20 The best way to learn more about Holden Chapel is to join us in our Sunday morning worship service at 10:15, or come at 9:00 for our Sunday school classes for children and adults. All are welcome.If you have questions about our beliefs or would like someone from Holden Chapel to contact you, please call 508-829-4441.